Information CEF CollectsOn CEF’s web sites you can provide contact information for ministry-related purposes, to order resources, or to make ministry contributions. Here are the types of personal information that we collect:
The information that we collect online includes:
- Contact Information: Name, Organization, complete address, phone, email address.
- Payment Information: Method of payment, credit card or service ID, essential verification information.
- Shipping Information: Name, organization, complete shipping address, and phone.
- Promotional Information: How you found us, what prompted your interest and your areas of interest.
- Survey Information: contact information and demographics such as postal/zip code, age level.
- Correspondence Information: Suggestions, comments, messages, questions and requests for further correspondence such as Newsletters, e-mail lists, and information requests.
- Usage Information: IP address, browser type, operating system, and date stamps.
How CEF Uses the InformationCEF uses contact information to communicate with you. We use payment information to complete a purchase, subscription or contribution transaction. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for any other purpose. Credit card numbers are only kept in our files until the transaction is completed. We use shipping information to deliver resources. Promotional information is used to help us prioritize our promotional efforts and to ensure that we respond to your areas of interest. Surveys are completely voluntary and users therefore do not need to disclose information. Survey information is used to improve our ministry and our sites. Correspondence information is used to accept recommendations, answer questions and facilitate future correspondence as requested. Biographical information is used among missionaries for networking, and among community members for informed donation giving and prayer sponsorship decisions. Information published by our affiliate chapters is used to promote their local ministries and communicate with their prayer and financial supporters.
We use log files to track trends and improve the user experience. This data is not linked to personally identifiable information. We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, or protect the rights, property, or safety of CEF, our users, or others. For the protection of our missionaries on the summerministries.com web site, we require that all participants of the summer missions community log in, and we record their login and IP address with every posting they make.
CEF never sells, rents, leases, or exchanges any information obtained online with other organizations with the single exception of Teach Kids magazine, CEF’s bimonthly printed magazine for children’s workers, which shares its subscriber list with other selected organizations from time to time. CEF never discloses the identity of its donors to others. While CEF contracts with printing, credit card verification, marketing, auditing, address correction, and other like firms to help us in our work, use of the information is limited to the internal purposes of CEF.
How We Protect What We Know About You:CEF is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. CEF uses Internet Encryption Software, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Credit card information you enter is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, and then de-encrypted at our server. Once we receive your credit card information, it is accessible only to a small number of trusted CEF staff who has been specially trained in processing this information.
CookiesA cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drives containing information about the user. Cookies allow us to keep track of your user name and password so you don’t have to re-enter that information each time you visit one of our sites. Most browsers contain information on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, if you don’t accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of various features on our sites that are available to other visitors.
Limitation of LiabilityChild Evangelism Fellowship will not be liable for any damages or injury that accompany or result from your use of any of its sites. These include, but are not limited to, damages or injury caused by any:
- Use of or any inability to use the site
- Use of or inability to use any site to which you hyperlink from our sites
- Failure of our sites to perform in the manner you expected or desired
- Error or omission our sites
- Interruption of availability of our sites
- Defect our sites
- Delay in operation or transmission of our sites
- Computer virus or line failure